Are you on snack duty soon? Here is a list of uncomplicated, healthy vegan, gluten-free and nut-free snacks to buy and prepare for your favorite sports team. Be sure to check labels for hidden allergens and to choose organic whenever possible.
- Raisins: These are simple and already prepackaged. Try these Sun-Maid Organic Raisin
- Fruit or Vegetables in Cups or on sticks: Think sliced up watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, carrots, celery, tomatoes, grapes, apples, cucumbers. You can even put some peanut butter, hummus, yogurt or any other dip on the bottom before placing your fruit or vegetables.
- Squeeze applesauce: Another simple, pre-packaged snack.
- Nut-free trail mix: This is sometimes hard to find, but it can be made pretty easy with raisins, gluten-free granola, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and dairy-free chocolate chips. Once done, place into individual sandwich bags. Enjoy Life makes a tasty seed and fruit mix. Get it on Amazon > (aff)
- Sunflower seeds: Another simple, pre-packaged snack. Look for no or low salt content and kernels vs. shelled unless prepared for the mess.
- Apple chips or dried fruit in pre-packaged bags: You can buy these and then place them into individual sacks.
- No-nut granola bars: These can be challenging to find, but not too hard to make. Here is a good recipe.
- Applesauce muffins: Here is a good recipe and bonus your house will smell just like fall!
- Pretzels: Make sure to get the gluten-free kind.
- Oranges: Clementine oranges are super manageable and make a great healthy snack.
- Bananas: Bananas are a natural and healthy snack.
- Cups of Berries: Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, and Blackberries.
- Carrots: You can usually find carrots in convenient snack packs to make a healthy snack.
- Popcorn: Make sure to get the non-buttery, lightly salted kind for vegan. You can pack into individual snack bags.
- Mini Rice Cakes: Make sure to check ingredients for too much sugar or dairy ingredients. You can pack these into individual snack bags.
- Energy bites: These no-bake energy balls look delicious! They don’t take much time to make, and kids will think that they’re eating cookie dough.
With these Vegan Gluten-Free & Nut-Free Sports Team Snacks, you can sit back and enjoy the game without stressing about snack time.